Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Imagination

One of my new favorite things is listening to Luca narrate his play when he doesn't know I'm listening. This has just started in the last few weeks, and it's amazing to see his imagination develop and see how he processes his life. I'll hear phrases like, "I'm not ready yet" or "wait a minute." He'll talk to his monkey: "you okay monkey? Big hug" The funniest was when he told the Boston Celtics, "walking feet guys, no running". Something he obviously picked up at school... He also thinks everyone is going to Target or the Coffee Shop. During a scene in Cars when Sally and McQueen are driving, Luca looked at me and said "Sally, McQueen go to coffee shop, play with beads." Can you tell where we go a lot? ;)

Here's a video of Luca playing with his cars. I was cleaning the kitchen, so he brought all his vehicles in to be with me. His pretend play was so cute, I had to share a clip... (Narration is below for those who don't speak toddler. :)



Luca: I going Target, I going Target and buy food
Julie: They're going to Target to buy food?
Luca: Yeah
Julie: What kind of food?
Luca: Mac n cheese
Julie: Mac n cheese, mmm. What else?
Luca: Don't know. Chicken.





No comments: