Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sickies

Well... what a day.

Both babes had a rough night. Not awful, but I could tell something was off. Today, Avery was fussier than usual, refusing bottles, and not sleeping the best. And when I picked Luca up from school, he looked miserable and was leaning on his teacher who was taking his temperature. It was in the ballpark of 104 and I could tell he was not doing well at all. I had to carry him to the car (with a little help from a coworker carrying Avery) and carry him into the house. We all got into bed and snuggled, watching The Tigger Movie. Only minutes in, both babes were asleep... at 4 pm... Highly unusual.

At 5:30, I got Avery into the car and then carried Luca out again. We had a 30 min wait at the pediatrician and the whole time Luca sat on Anthony's lap with his head on his chest. We have NEVER seen Luca like this. Even when he's sick, he's usually still full of energy. The doctor, however, couldn't find anything wrong. She said he has a heart murmur from the fever (which initially freaked me out because I've never heard of that) but she said it will have no long term effects once the fever goes down. His ears and lungs were clear. His strep test came back negative. They even drew blood because his fever was so unexplainably high, but the numbers all looked fine. So, she said to keep an eye on him, lots of fluids, and check him thoroughly to make sure it's not a tick. The one thing she did say was that his tonsils are huge. This is the third time we've been told this... so, his adenoids and/or tonsils may come out at some point.

She also checked Avery, but same story... she's fine.

So, we're assuming it's a random virus and hopefully they will be better tomorrow. So far, both are sleeping well.

No comments: