Thursday, March 15, 2007

Update on Luca

Luca's fever still hasn't gotten any better and his cough and congestion have gotten much worse, so we took him back to the pediatrician today. His lungs are clear, which is great. I was worried he had pneumonia, but our pedi was actually encouraged that after having RSV all these colds aren't going to his lungs. So, that's the good news.

The bad news is that he has a sinus infection and his right ear has a lot of fluid in it (plus he screamed when she checked it). So, we're back on Augmentin for 21 days. 21 DAYS!! This means he will be on antibiotics for all but 3 days of March. That's just hard to believe. I feel so awful for him. Anthony and I both just feel helpless. It's so hard to watch him and be able to do nothing but give him lots of hugs and kisses.

Our pediatrician said to hang in there. Things will get better. And I just hope he has one hell of an immune system after all this.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I think the long stretch of Augmentin will help. I know my mom said that when my little brother had an ear infection for a long period of time, they put him on an extended antibiotic and he never had another one. I HOPE that is the case. Luca and mommy deserve a break!!