Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reunion

"I can't believe we all might end up in one place."

And we did! My parents celebrated their 25th anniversary on October 15th and all seven siblings gathered together for the first time - EVER! Family arrived from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis, and Milwaukee. We had a wonderful, long weekend at a beach house along the Russian River in northern California.

Click here to see all the pictures on Flickr.
(Actually... I'm having problems with Flickr. Pictures will be up asap.)


Avery and I traveled together to San Francisco. It was her first plane trip and she did wonderfully! I had my first panic attack at the airport, however, when I opened my back pack and realized I had left her infant formula on the counter at home. I felt so horrible, seeing as how that is her only source of nutrition. I had 10 minutes until my flight left and I ran from store to store at the airport, seeing if anyone carried formula. Finally, at the information desk they told me to try the traveler's assistance office, which luckily was right near my gate. Jackpot! The employee opened a cupboard filled with everything you could ever need. Baby formula and food, diapers, wipes, toothbrushes, contact solution, etc. We rushed back to the gate, just made the flight, and even had a seat for Avery due to a wonderfully sympathetic airport employee.


Our first stop along the way, at my brother Aaron's house in San Francisco. Here, Avery is meeting her cousin Ember for the first time.


The view from Aaron's... Has to be one of the best in the city!


We made it to the Beach House, 90 minutes north of the city. Here is the memory of a lifetime! We are all together! (Minus a few grandkids and spouses...)

Left to right: Julie, Avery, Barnaby, Ember, Bronwyn, Aaron, Lynda, Jeff, Shirley, Richard, Amy, Susan, Tallia, Audrey, Nora, Scot, Cicada, Z'ev, Monty and Rachel


And the reason for our celebration! Happy 25th Mom and Dad!!


The view from our incredible deck overlooking the Russian River.


Amy and Avery
Lots of love for Avery and cousins all together!


Avery getting big smooches from Cicada


My sweet brother Barnaby, trying to look comfortable holding Avery. ;)


Scot and Nora


Susan and Avery
The best part... relaxing and talking on the deck!


Fun in the sun - Avery...


And Ember...


Cicada, Julie, and Z'ev (how did they get so old??!!)


Scot and Julie


The Ximm Clan - Bronwyn, Ember and Aaron


The coast at Jenner - gorgeous, no?


Mama and Avery, huddled against the wind.


We didn't disturb the seals.


Rachie and Monty


Monty and a million footsteps


The Ximms


Sun setting over the Pacific

No comments: